Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Haunted Wood || Outfit



Hello dearies! Another title taken from Anne of Green Gables book series (tryinitg to make it a thing...). I"ll open with an announcement - you may maybe remember I signed to university and started to look for an apartment to rent as long as I\m a student. Well, I found it! I"ll live with two other roomates (a male and a female) and two lovely cats :)
No more buses and trains and two hours away cities for now...(it is indeed exhausting to look for a place you"ll call home for the next three years).


Onto that lovely skirt: I got it at Alexandra's last flash sale on instagram, here's how she styled it in her blog Into the Woods. It actually reminded me a lot of that teenage movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which I remeber to love back then! The movie is about four best girlfriend who have to seperate for summer vacation for the first time in their lives. They decide to share a pair of jeans by mail, and every girl has to keep it a limited time and send it to the next one. The jeans magically fits them all, and also helps the one who wears them when in trouble.
I remeber seeing some bloggers pass around a vintage dress and style it, but that was long ago, and I don't even remeber who's blog that was. I'd love to participate in something like this!


This skirt really made me want to try and make my own gathered skirt, and now it is almost done. It was a project I learned a lot from, as I included in this skirt belt loops, lining and pockects, which made the process a bit more tricky! I am not a very good seamstress yet, and I only make clothes with the help of my teacher, and this was the second project I did by myself, and will post about soon.
Not long time ago, I actually finished my first by-myself project, but did not blog about, as I'm planning something special for it. It was from Butterick B6018 pattern.


top: hand-me-down from mom || skirt: Into the Woods flash sale, originally from Kelly Falconer Design ||
handbag: TopTen || shoes: Modcloth (no longer available, similar) || earrings: Ebay
lipstick: Rimmel Kate Spring Collection #16

And Nadav wanted to show off his new sunglasses!

~
~Maria☼

4 comments:

  1. I would love to have the skill and patience to make my own gathered skirt! This one is so cute - it fits you so perfectly and it's also my very favourite skirt length, just below the knee. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite length too! If that works out well I'm kind of planning making thousands!! I was fabric shopping the other day...
      And it's all pretty easy actually, just a couple of youtube videos- oh and yeah, patience ;)

      Delete
  2. Maria my love you are simply beautiful. I adore the clothes you make(or buy) and how it doesn't look at all strange or out of place on you in these days.. keep up the good work and spread you passion. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete